Neon Blue Lights*

The ball rolls down to miss you
I fall to my knees and curse you
Pour me a great big glass of iced root beer
'Cause I'll get a gutter this time
But just know this game will be mine
I'm here to bowl and make it clear
That I'll beat you this year

I'll watch the lights turn neon blue
But it's not the same without you
Because it takes two to bicker violently
The darkness isn't so bad
'Til I look at your ball and feel sad
'Cause the holes on the rounded surface are where your hands fit perfectly

I'll learn to win in new ways
Though I haven't spared in two days
Because sore losing chills me to the bone
But drenched in the neon blue light
I'll sit at our bowling lane all night
Waist deep in thought because when I think of you
I might hit more than one (x3)

As many times as I strike
I'll laugh at you tonight (x2)

When the rock n' roll gets louder
And heavy pins grow lighter
I'll win the game and feel alive again
And I'll forget this game that I blew
But I swear I won't forgive you
Oh if my voice could reach back through the past
I'd whisper in your ear
Just trust me I'll beat you next year

*(This song is a little kookier than most of the stuff I've written. It all started when my family went bowling and my brother said the bowling ball reminded him of Vanilla Twilight's "The spaces between my fingers are right where yours fit perfectly." And so the bowling anthem was created. We all had a good laugh making it, hope you enjoy it, too!)

Comments

Popular Posts