Love Sick

The guest of honor waits
For the performance
The acrobats go straight
To their best tricks
Twisting around
In the air on the ground
Right side up and upside down

The water rises high
In this small room
The furniture floats by
Are you talking?
Drifting with care
Taking quick breaths of air
Swimming I don't even know where

(Chorus)
Oh maybe I'm love sick
Call a doctor
Maybe I'm love sick
Take my temperature
Yeah the symptoms appear
From you just standing here
Oh I'm love sick
And there ain't no curing me now

The flames continue to rage
All around me
To create a red hot cage
Inescapable
Rising high filled with doubt
From the inside out
But no one can hear me shout

(Chorus)

But the butterflies sing me to sleep
They lift me off my feet
And when their gentle wings fade away
I'm back in the heat

(Chorus x2)

Comments

Popular Posts