JSYK12: The Scariest Words in the English Language

Are these:

"Will you go out with me?"

Yeah, there the words that every girl "dreams" about. Yeah, I spent forever wishing I could here them. Yeah, there's cooler things than that. Yeah, yeah, yeah.

But I'm...afraid?

I always think right up to that point. A night on the town, maybe a movie or a play, maybe a sit under the night sky, or just a random walk over a school. I always hit those words and, as the Disney story goes, I say "YES!". But in real life, there's no little mermaids. There's no little dwarfs that start singing merrily. There's no glass slipper left behind on the palace stair. There's just me. just me...

The answers are innumerable!!! Yes is like taking... the easy way out! The want to make this person's world a perfect place for even just a few seconds, and the need to measure the consequences, not to mention every dream. every poem. every greedy, jealous, hideous thought.

I don't know what I'd say
And that's...

scary

Comments

Popular Posts