I Miss You

Street lights twinkle
Head lights zoom past
As I drive into the night
Raindrops fall
Onto my windshield
Dancing in the light
All the road signs look the same
But on one I'm sure I saw your name

Ocean spray and
Rolling waves play
Out a melody
The motor's noise and
The noon-day sun
They don't bother me
And when the dancing dolphins sang
I thought their voices said your name

(Chorus)
I'm gone for just a little while
But I'll be back some day
You'll be the only thing on my mind
How I wish that I could stay
'Til I come back we can sing this song
Whenever we feel blue
And you can't bet no matter where I go
I'll miss you

The sunrise catches
Cotton candy clouds
Over blankets of snowy white
The roaring engine
Fades to silence
As I wonder at the sight
Now I know the altitude's to blame
But those clouds are spelling out your name

(Chorus)

(Bridge)
All the wonders in the world
On land, by air, or sea
They just don't compare
To when your standing here with me

(Chorus)

Comments

Popular Posts