JSYK7: Promises Gone With the Wind


Sometimes, life catches up with you. you start seeing things with a new perspective. you want to change things, make things better, especially yourself. Things that you never wanted or thought would be important start to take up more and more of your time. Things that you promised yourself that you would never do are suddenly everyday occurrences. It's like looking back at a baby picture and thinking that the only thing you cared about was food and sleep. But now, suddenly all your time is devoted to school, your digital life, your friends (who seem to be more defined that they were in kindergarden), and the feelings that used to never range from the monotones of happy, sad, mad, and hyper. It's happening to me. Little promises gone with the wind.


For instance: I remeber when I was about five, my mom took me to the playground where some friends of ours were. The other children and I had a marvelous time in imaginary worlds that I cannot recall now. The only thing that could wake me up, was a double take to my mom and the mother of the other kids sitting on a bench and talking, watching us play. I remember thinking that their lives must be miserable just talking when there's a new game of tag to play, and I promised myself that day that I would never give up a moment of my day just to talk when I could enjoy life instead. I saw that same look in a child's eyes when they wanted to dance to the music with me, but I was to busy talking....to busy....


Little promises gone with the wind that I may never be able ro renew....

Comments

Popular Posts