Nate would be proud

When you think spy, you might think about top secret missions, or outrageous disguises, or dropping from the ceiling on a dangerously thin rope. But, when I think about a spy, I think: trench coat.

I'm not sure who inspired me to love The Trench as I do. Perhaps it was Carmen Sandiego on my childhood computer game. It might have been Inspector Gadget as he flew above the city with helicopter blades that magically popped out of his hat. Maybe it was the Matrix, though their coats aren't defined as such, but they still give you the same feeling. Personally, I'm partial to Nate the Grate. But whoever set my eyes on such a coat is deserving of my thanks.

I have only had my trench coat for a short time, but I must admit it's my favorite thing to wear. Anywhere! Topped with a black fedora that just covers my eyes and sleek black gloves, I pretend I'm on a top secret mission to save the world, and it makes everyday a little more exciting. My sister dons her Eskimo coat and Santa hat, and we go walking through our neighborhood looking like the strangest two you've ever seen, but feeling marvelous all the same.

Though I don't have the knee high leather boots, the grappling hook, or x-ray glasses, the mysterious magic of The Trench never ceases to make me smile beneath my wide brimmed hat. The world had better be on the look out for me hiding just around the corner ;)

Comments

Popular Posts