JSYK25: Notebook

If you spend even a little of your time examining the various items in my room, you will soon come to discover that I have a serious thing for notebooks.
Just seeing the one above makes my fingers tingle witha want to write SOMETHING on it's wonderful pages.

I have quite a few empty ones lying around my house, I always have two in my bag, at least two in my back pack, one by my bed, and a small pile on my writing desk. Mostly composition notebooks with crazy designs on the covers, because I have found that they are cheaper and fit better in various carrying utensils. They are usually used for jotting down sudden attacks of inspiration, or remembering things (you can tell if I, on the off chance, forgot my notebook because my hand is covered in pen).

In the past, my love for notebooks has posed quite a problem, because every time I saw one that I liked, I would buy it, but never write in it, except maybe the first page. It came to the point where I began giving my small collection away in yard sales, or giving them to friends for better use.

This blog, however, is evidence of my use of my many notebooks. I have successfully filled two notebooks with poems, one with journal entries (soon to be two), and another with short stories. Infact, I have written so much over the past (almost) three years, that I have found I actually NEED to buy new ones!

So as my pencil shrinks along with my pile of unused journals, I hope you enjoy the byproduct of an empty page and an overflowing brain.

Comments

Popular Posts