Awed

Having not been to a movie theatre in FAR to long, I took the opportunity of Christmas break to see a couple that have been hanging on the edges of my mind. Suprisingly, I walked out of each one unable to expalin what I had just seen properly. It was like my wildest dreams had been presented in a few hours and I was left completely flabergasted. Maybe it will help to know which movies I'm talking about.

Tron:
I'm not usually an action movie kid, but I do have a itsy bisty insignificant geeky side that pulled me into this movie. I was hooked from the first battle to the last, engulfed in the pronounced glow of everything. Each movement was made more incredible in the flashes of brilliant light. It was more like they were painting an elegant picture than anything else. A world of light surrounded by darkness; certainly eye popping if you ask me :)
Tangled:
I must admit, I did not walk into this movie expecting too much. I was expecting another Disney princess story with all the trimmings, but the lanterns made my day. I don't want to give away too much, but as the lanterns floated into the sky and descended on their little fishing boat, I couldn't help letting out a giggle of delight. The soft shades of pink, purple, and gold reflected of the placid water and, and... see, I'm out of words again. A dream projected on a screen.

Voyage of the Dawntreader: 

Ok, I might let slip important information, so I do warn of spoilers. The Narnia movies have captured my imagination from the start. Each new one invites my mind to enjoy the world beyond the wardrobe, and this one was no exception. But by far my favorite moment was as they sailed through an ocean filled with white flowers to rest on the shore shown above. After watching the rest of the movie, this scene felt so restful and peaceful that you wanted it to just stay there forever. I don't want to give anymore away, so I will stop here, but suffice to say that it was as magical as I imagine Narnia would be.


Maybe it was an overdose on popcorn (who knows what that butter does to your brain) or I might just be wierd like that, but These movies were as close as I can get to dreaming without closing my eyes. If you haven't seen them yet, I hope your image of what I've explained  is ten times better, but I would also recommend seeing them for yourself  :)

Comments

Popular Posts