The Impossible of Me

If you know me one way
You don't know the other three
And if you see me smiling
I am frowning underneath
Unless I'm not, and then I am
As happy as can be
'Til something makes me sad and then
I smile again, you see

Oh, what a chill and thrill to be
The impossible of me

When I'm sitting somewhere
I would rather be away
Unless my head is elsewhere
Then I might have the peace to stay
'Til something splendid grabs my ear
And I could stay all day
Just don't make me sad or else
I'll smile and turn away

Oh, what a chill and thrill to be
The impossible of me

If I say I like you
Then I love you just the same
Unless I do not mean it
But I have all to lose or gain
Until I come to mean it
And as a friend I call your name
But if you say you like me, too
I smile and feel your pain

Oh, what a chill and thrill to be
The impossible of me

Comments

  1. How can i hurt so much because I can't have you, when you were never mine to have.
    How can i want you when you belong to some one else.
    With each breath I take I seem to love you more.
    With each passing day i wish for the impossible.
    Yet while my heart was freely given to you, i hold onto spirit, but then again you posses that to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it the stars reflection
    in his eyes
    Or the portrait he sketches
    within my heart
    Of beautiful sunsets
    and setting nights on fire
    He steals my breath
    My words unspoken
    Dreaming of a warm embrace

    I'm lost deeply
    as moonbeams wander aimlessly
    above a darkened chamber
    Where love's gift
    is wrapped up
    ribbons suffocating-
    one chance
    To be with him

    In restless slumber
    I walk an empty street
    Bending towards him-
    in vain
    Reaching out to entrust my hand
    And paint a dream
    in vivid color

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is like my new favorite :) you have inspired me:
    your poems are so great
    the kind that no one can hate
    they come to be so deep
    the kind the heart wants to keep
    -Katie (L.) the islander
    B-]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow . . . How deeply said. Feelings that we all experience, expressed in the best way, so truly. *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts