And my mind wanders...

My phone is silent, my inbox is empty, the TV is off, and it's Friday.

I'm unbelievably tired, I have a million things I want to to, I know there's at least half a million I won't get around to, my legs are falling asleep, and it's Friday.

I have too many things to think about, to many decisions to make, I lack the will to make those decisions, my stomach's been growling for an hour now, I have a three day weekend, I have plots to plot, schemes to draw up, ideas to put off, I have no plans at all, and it's Friday.

My time is coming soon, my life is shorter than it seems, my jeans are a little too long, my jacket's a little to small, the sun is more beautiful that is has been in months, I have good friends, good family, a loving God, I have so many things that I want to change, I have so many things I wish would never change, my head is spinning from staying up to late, I have faces in my head that I can't forget, there's nothing I'd love more than to be eating a strawberry shortcake when the guy I've been looking for makes my phone go off with the surprise of my life just to prove to my friends that I can too do it, I need to open up a little, I'm factoring things that can't be factored, I know there's a monster in my closet, I want to listen to a flute, I'm laughing at myself for having nothing better to do than this post, and it's Friday.

Better get a move on.

Comments

Popular Posts