ALASKA

Alright, I give. I waited until it was more official, but it's as official as it's gonna get. In August, I'm moving to the far off state of Alaska...

My parents are thrilled to hear the news, my sybs are excited, too. But I can't bear the thought of leaving...well, home! I've lived 5 places in my life. I never found a place where I was so close to people, people I can trust and talk to and... aw I'm getting all emotional again.

I haven't told anyone but this blog yet, and I'm not looking forward to it. Just thinking about it is enough to bring on the wave of memories: Courtney's birthday, movies with Tyrena, chats in biology, adventures at lunch, and laughs in L/A. Vinny, Alex, Alex, Cody, Katie, and sooooo many more. leaving them would be like leaving my left arm behind.

I keep telling myself I'll get over it; that I got over it before, why not again? I just never stop to think that any minute it could all just slip through my fingers and be gone.

Absolutely crazy
Lost chances
Another life
Shipped away
Knowing not when we'll meet again
AGAIN!!!

"Man's mind plans his ways, but the Lord directs his steps." ~Proverbs 16:9

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts