JSYK20: Lobsters, Pilgrims, Stars, and Birds

"...because my dreams are bursting out the seams."
~Owl City "Fireflies"

But it seems no one understands them. There's no need to, but I wish there was someone with which to share the many fantasies of my mind without getting the "lobsters crawling out of your ears" face.

I dream of what it would have been like to be a founding father, or a pilgrim starting over in an unknown world and building the magnificent country we live in today. Back in the days when all laws were new laws, everything you said had the potential of being written in a history book, but also the hope that they could give this wonderful country to their children.

I dream of what it would be like to burst through the atmosphere and see nothing but the vast expanse of the universe and have nothing to do for weeks but ponder the fact that maybe, just maybe, we aren't as big as we constantly think we are.

I look into the sky at a flock of birds circling the sky and my mind fills with marvels of math and science as they fly perfectly made by God. I could stare for hours and hours when the people who seem so far away would rather worry about things that are so trivial.And so I'm pulled away once again from an not so ordinary miracle by a frazzled friend to hear about another reason I like to ponder on these things.

Life is so much better in my mind when my eyes are closed and my heart is free.

Comments

Popular Posts