JSYK34: A Colorful Detour

If asked in an interview to describe myself, one of the last things that would pop into my mind is 'artist.' As I've grown up, I have always found art to be my weak link because I could never contain the amazing and wonderful things inside my brain on a piece of paper with a pencil. It just never comes out quite right. To the great dismay of many an art teacher, my grasp on reality is skewed slightly and my ability to represent the real world leaves much to be desired. For this reason, I put down my markers around seventh grade and picked up mechanical pencil, making an oath to never return to my artistic ways.

Well, I lied. The more I learn about drawing, whether through doodling, watching others, or simply observing, the more I enjoy hacking away at the white page until I create an 'explosion of imagination' so to speak. While my ability to contain reality is still somewhat incomplete, I find the products of my work to be more than satisfying. Perhaps you will find them so as well.

Muddled Imagination
(One of my earlier creations, a little faded from sitting by my sunlit window)

 Pixilated Universe
(It's not actually the picture that goes with the poem, but it would substitute nicely)
Fighting Fear
(Like I said, not exactly in touch with reality, but quite colorful!)
 
 Abracadabra
 Organized Chaos
(Actually the best out of a whole series of black-and-whites. Simply a way of emptying my brain of all the noisy nonsense that goes on up there, and it ends up rather interesting)


Tiny Dreams
(Drawn on the back of an index card in an extreme moment of boredom)

Plant Life
(Yes, based on the Owl City song. One of my newer scribbles)
 Edge of Alone
(Newest piece, slipping away from reality again, ah well)

Hope you enjoyed my splashes of color ~Starbeam

Comments

Popular Posts