A Moment, Please

I see red hearts on summer sleeves
Prepared again to share with ease
The blooms which I desire to know
And hide so well in shies of snow
I see no joy in them
.
My hands become their targets wide
As they assault from every side
Demanding every frame of mind
To focus on the jewels I find
To touch is to condemn
.
Complete devotion all for you
And then a thousand others, too
But not in kisses, heart beats, no
In wishes and in actions, though
They feel louder in my head
.
My only search for shared relief
From loneliness which fans my grief
But greedy are the hands that grip
Me strand by strand and drip by drip
All good intentions dead
.
There's not enough of thin spread me
To cover every wounded knee
And know each story front to back
To gain the trust I feel I lack
Where touch of eyes is sweet
.
Instead I wrinkle in the fists
Of those whom I can least resist
And give what scraps the Lord allows
Mixed with sighs and unsaid vows
Please take them as my treat

JUST GIVE ME A MOMENT.

Comments

Popular Posts