To Love The Rain (Revised)

You once caught me by surprise
With your cool touch on my skin
And I did all I knew
I let your storm come rolling in

In silent, greying darkness
The far corners of my mouth
Turned up, but every hope
With each cold raindrop was pulled south

You frightened me with lightning
But your wide reach had me caught
I wrapped myself against you
But it was never me you sought

I would stare into the gloom
And feel only loneliness
But in this passing storm
A trickle fills my emptiness

But now your touch is softer
And your clouds are tinted blue
Your downpour seeks to know me
And it calls me to know you

Your raindrops find my face
And see it smiling ear to ear
Your thunder grows to shield me
And I find no need to fear

Your flash of amaranthine
Makes me thankful for the rain
My eyes grow wide with joyfulness
Oh rain, my love, you've changed

Comments

Popular Posts