Survivor Side

I once stood where you stand
I once cried as you cry
I once lifted the weight
Of the worlds crushing eyes
Our scars do not match
And our tags aren't the same
But lined side by side
We've more pain to our names
Than could ever be listed
Or ever be healed
The unspoken truth
That we sow what we yield
But I've felt the sting
That your cavities hold
And I know the chill
Of a tongue turned ice cold
And I clawed through the fog
To collapse in still air
I was battered and broken
And yet, I was there
I mended and patchworked
A self who could laugh
And learned how to smile
On my own behalf
But, please, turn your hopeful
Dream filled eyes away
I've no magic potion
No step by step way
To give you a leg up
And help you avoid
Every day that you'll dread
That you'll wish was destroyed
You've just no idea
The strength of my cry
That survivor side wisdom
Could help open your eyes
Your life is a beautiful
Marvelous thing
And every thought otherwise
Worthless, nothing
But, friend, you're still clawing
To get to the top
My only advise is
Don't ever stop.

Comments

Popular Posts