Moonlight

A little stuffed dog
With fur black as night
When I was still young
My heart named you Moonlight
You were made to be just
The right huggable size
And I never felt frightened
To look into your eyes
Because, in the glass
That would sparkle in light
Was a friend I could talk to
When things weren't quite right
With ears made to listen
And never construe
And mouth that would somber
Or smile with my mood
But the best part of all
Was your blankness of mind
As I talked and I scratched
Both your ears from behind
When I was befuddled
I still can recall
Your head full of fluff
Was my refuge from all
That a thousand strong voices
Were screaming to say
You laid on my belly
And listened away
Out of all of my knick-knacks
I found something right
In your deep mirror eyes
And your fur, black as night

Comments

Popular Posts