Mid Morning Dream

A ghost arrived in a mossy room
And in that place he set down his broom
And all the things that could think came there soon
To hear what he dared say 'neath befuddlegum blooms

So he tapped his glass
And spoke rather fast

"My friends, I've come to tell you
Of the things which are important
And I hope that you will get them in your heads
For nothing's more important
Than the things which are important
And that's why the important must be said.
Am I right?"
And no one could deny it
So nods bobbed every head
Mostly because no one
Understood what had just been said

"And now that I see we are in agreement
It is to you, friends, that I must lament
For to many a town and country I went
And none of them cared for what's important.
Do you understand?"

"We understand!" said the mouslings three
"And we heard what you said," said the two mice with glee
Then the one mousling said, "And I quite agree."
Then a satisfied snake slithered into the trees

The giraffe way up high said, "Pardon me?"
While the hat on his head said, "Me, too."
And the horn shouted, "Blah!" as loud as can be
While the hat on his bell said, "Me, too."
The rock sat quite still and stared silently
While the hat, unaware, said, "Me, too."
The monkey unzipped the sky and giggled with glee
While the hat, quite confused, said, "Me, too."

And the ghost stared in gloom
As he looked at the room
'Neath befuddlegum blooms
So he picked up his broom

And he left the crowd saying, "There's no hope for you!"
While the hat on his head all the way said, "Me, too."

Comments

Popular Posts