Friendly

Say, you! Over there
With the curly brown hair
Would you like to be my friend?
Excuse my manners
For to greet you right
I must first shake your hand
I'd like a pal
A fun loving gal
To talk about rain
When the weather is plain
Do you like my hat?
Well, we can share that
And cookies, too
If that's alright with you
Oh?
You have somewhere else to go?
Then please don't stay on my behalf
I'll find another to share a laugh

Say, you! In the red
If you please, turn your head
Would you like to be my friend?
No, don't be alarmed
For I only wish
Salutations to extend
I'd love a bud
Who would roll in the mud
And chase after the sun
'Til the star show's begun
Do you like sharing dreams
About butterfly wings?
We could share them all day
If you think it's okay
Who?
You say you have something else to do?
Well, I won't be the one to stand in your way
I'll just find another who wishes to play

Say, you! On the street
With your fast moving feet
Would you like to be my friend?
You seem rather nice
Though I've not known you long
And a good friend is hard to pretend
A companion is good
In a rock skipping mood
And for making up tales
About dolphins and whales
Do you like watching snow?
It's a very good show
And so many things, too
That we both could do
I see.
You have somewhere else to be.
There must be someone who's friendly out there
I just have to find them, 'cause I know they're somewhere

So often the world can be filled with dead ends
When picking through strangers in search of good friends

Comments

  1. Haha, this is great! Have you ever actually done that, I mean roamed along the sreets and tried to make friends with people? This must be a cruel cruel world if there really isn't no one responding to such friendliness. Don't give up - six billion people, what's the possibility that there wouldn't be quite one gem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, although I have probably gone through this conversation a million times in my head, I can't claim to have actually spoken it too many times. It does seem that way though. Believe me, I will keep up the search! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts