JSYK35: Giving All

Imagine for a moment that you no longer had a home to live in. You spend your nights on a cold street, not knowing when you will find food. When winter comes, you shiver each night. When summer comes, you brave the harsh heat. There's no where for you to escape the rain, and the idea of a soft bed is only a fading dream.

Imagine for a moment that you become severely ill. They say you will live a full life, but you can barely move. Speaking is out of the question and you're confined to your bed. Your illness causes you constant pain and each day you wake up is another day of suffering.

Imagine for a moment that you become an outcast. Everyone for miles does not even acknowledge your existence. You have no person on earth to talk to, no one to share your memories with, no family to be comforted by, and you are forced to live secluded and alone.

Imagine for a moment that everything you ever worked for, everything you ever dreamed of is taken away from you. In a few short seconds, the life you have built up for yourself is nothing but a memory and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Now, what if all you had to do to prevent all this was say NO to God.

Recently, God has shown me what it really means to give it all to Him. All doesn't mean just the things you want to give up, or those things that are easy to give up, but ALL OF IT. It isn't fun or enjoyable, and it certainly is NOT easy, but it is God's command for us to follow Him whatever the cost.
"You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am the Lord your God. Keep my decrees and laws, for the man who obeys them will live by them. I am the Lord." ~Leviticus 18:4-5
Wow, that scared me. But then God also promises that He will be there for us no matter what we go through. Understanding that is such a comfort to me, even when things don't go as I planned, they're always going according to His plan, and He's watching out for me every step of the way. He'll never leave me or forsake me.
"At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them. But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the gentiles might here it. And I was delivered from the lion's mouth. The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To Him be the glory for ever and ever. Amen." ~2 Timothy 4:16-18

Comments

Popular Posts