One More Candle

Candles standing on a cake
In straight, expectant rows
Each one holds a tiny flame
That dances as it glows

This year one more joins the band
He stands confident and tall
So I shall take a deeper breath
To make sure I get them all

The wax drops down the candle's side
And my lungs can't take much more
But I suddenly realize
I don't know what to wish for

My Happy I'm Still Alive Day is close at hand. I've never made a big deal about, just some small family time and a smile at the end of the day. I just like to enjoy the fact that I've come through another year of lemonade, writer's block, breath taking music, and laughs. What could be better than remembering, but living? Here's wishing you another happy year and a perfect First Day of The Rest of Your Life :)

Comments

Popular Posts