Nonsense Machine

I find when I write, I tend to think things over better than when I'm just mulling over them in my brain. Maybe because I need to make sense of things before I think they're worthy enough to put on a page for some lonely eye to read.

" Still alive but I'm barely breathing.."


"When somebody loved me
Everything was beautiful
Every hour we spent together
Lives within my heart
When [he] loved me"

"Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars
I could really use a wish right now..."

Is it possible to be 'friends forever'? I mean, maybe if you and your friend lived right next to each other and you spend almost every weekend together, but what if you move and all you have to rely on is e-mail and texting? you would eventually have nothing to talk about, because you don't really share the same life anymore. I've always wanted a 'bff', but I don't think it's possible. Every one's gotta leave sooner or later, right? I guess that's the hardest part of moving for me is seeing all my friends saying, "keep in touch," and, "don't forget me," when who can really promise that? I was looking through my 5th grade yearbook; so many faces and signatures I don't even remember getting. I still remember some, but never to any of the people who have giant stars next to their pictures. I thin the reason I nod when people say stuff like that is because we both wish it could be that at way, so it's like wishing on a star for something you know will never come true.

"We spent all of our free time alone..."

"It's not the cry that you hear at night
It's not someone who's seen the light
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah"

"Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten."

Color and music correspond. I'm not synesthetic, I don't think, but color in my mind has always gone perfectly with music. Much of modern music (rap, screamo, hard rock) is all grey and black, no real colors involved. But, every once in a while, You get a rainbow song with and immeasurable amount of color in it. The fact that it's colorful makes me really like the song (or is it vise versa?) and I've found that the words contribute just as much as the music. The only way I can describe it would be the way a movie maker matches a mood to a song for a scene. The colors that go with that mood correspond with the music, but most people just hear music and just see color, but I can't imagine not having such an interaction of the senses. People know when it doesn't match, when they see it in a movie it's either funny or awkward, but they don't really realize what they notice. Hm...

"When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
When you wish upon a star
Your dreams come true..."

"The shiniest things in this world are the sharpest" ~ Alex

What if we shook hands sideways?

~Starbeam

Comments

  1. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_h937HNtz6ek/S0bucxpg0fI/AAAAAAAAQR8/laLwZtok1Bo/s400/beautiful-eyes-40.jpg

    You remember that lol that quote was a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts