Rainbow in the Dark

I only pretend not to notice
'Cause if I did you'd blow my mind
And I only Stay near 'cause if I left
I'd only leave my heart behind
And, oh, how I wish that you
Could share my thoughts with me
Because if you did
Then you could finally see

Chorus:
We could be the lightning in the night
We could be the stars that shine so bright
We could be the whisper in the trees
We could be the sunset you and me
We could be the music as it plays
We could be the fireworks display
It would be a work of art
But a yes from you
Is a rainbow in the dark

I only seem so quiet
Because there's too much for me to say
And I only get blue around you
Because you take my breath away
Oh when I want you most of all
My eyes are turned away
'Cause if they weren't
I could't help but say

Chorus

Nothing can compare
To the glisten in your eyes
I see them everywhere
The twinkle in the sunrise
A sparkle in the light
More mystic than it seems
Tell me it's ok to wish
It's ok to dream

Chorus

Comments

  1. You want life changing books?

    I know these are teen books but they are my fav:
    Star Girl by Jerry Spinelli
    and
    Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen C. (I cant spell his last name, sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, not much time to look for JSYK 14, but "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" might do

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Wow! Two posts with the same book. That was a coincidence; I didn't even see Lacy's post until after I posted mine. Now you HAVE to read it! And I do believe you have read the first book Lacy recommended. Keep it up!

    P.S. It's Stephen Chbosky; that's how good the book was - I remembered the author.
    P.P.S. It's seriously a good book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts