Maybe I'm Dreaming


According to those who know me best, my aura, my being, my "Ruth-ness" can be wrapped up in two small words: Owl City

And I believe them.

The first time I heard Fireflies, something...clicked. It was like hearing what's been inside my head all these years playing over a loud speaker. Inside me my heart was screaming 'I GET IT I GET IT'. There's something...magical, mystical, beautiful about his music, in an odd way.

Since then, I can't get enough. I lay in the middle of my floor staring at the glow-in-the-dark stars stuck to my ceiling and pretend I'm floating in an endless abyss, then close my eyes and let the music sink into my head, my body, my heart. Then the music stops, and I'm back on earth only long enough to play the next one.

If you could taste music, Owl City would be a strawberry shortcake.

"Cheer up and dry your damp eyes
And tell me when it rains

I'll blend up that rainbow above you
And shoot it through your veins
'Cause your heart has a lack of color
And we should have known
That we grow up sooner or later
But we spent all our free time alone..."

~Rainbow Veins, Owl City

Comments

Popular Posts