Just read it!

"Chapter Twenty-Seven: I'm extremely sorry but I lost this chapter.

I wrote it in a diner late last night and -

You know how it is - one minute you're banging on a broken vending machine, hoping just this once it will have pity on you, the next minute you're tearing through the countryside, looking for anyplace, for anyone that will offer you a little bite of chocolate.

OK, bites.

I fell asleep in my car halfway through my twelfth Hershey bar. (Why can't you ever find any decent imported chocolate in the middle of the night?)By the time I checked back at the diner, well, that napkin was wiping off any body's chin but mine.

Don't worry - you're not missing anything. The chapter didn't even contain anything important.

Oh, except that I finally revealed the Secret.

Or did I?

Actually, if you want to know the truth, my head's a bit fuzzy at the moment - not to mention a bit funky, considering all the chocolate stuck in my hair. I don't remember what I wrote on that napkin. I hope I didn't write anything I shouldn't have because it could be anywhere now. And anyone could be reading it.

Well, there's nothing to be done. The whole thing is out of our hands - out of mine anyway.

Why don't you skip ahead to the next chapter? I'll be with you in a minute.

Ahem...
Cough...cough...

If you don't mind...

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough:
Move along. Now. Please.
I'm in desperate need of a shower."

~Pseudonymous Bosch, "IF YOU'RE READING THIS, IT'S TOO LATE"

My hero

Comments

Popular Posts