Minute

There's a man on the corner
Who's selling folks time
Each new sixty seconds
Costs only a dime
He sells it in bottles
Closed tightly with corks
And swears on his life
That it really does work
Whenever you feel
You need one minute more
Just open the bottle
And *poof* it is yours
Minites for sleeping
And minutes to waste
Minutes for rushing
In case you are late
Minutes for smiling
And minutes to share
Minutes just waiting
To breathe the new air
And everyone bought one
'Cause everyone knows
How far, when you need one
A minute can go
I purchased a minute
(Goodness knows, it looked small)
And noticed a warning
In handwritten scrawl
"A minite used now
Will then steal away
A similar minute
From some other day
Some day from your future
And not from the clouds
Please use minutes wisely
No refunds allowed."
I never uncorked it
I don't think I could
I'll just leave my time
To be used as it should
 

Comments

  1. Very creative idea. I loved this! I also agree. I'd be too afraid I'd take that minute away from when I needed it the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only recently realized that every moment has some purpose where it is, whether or not I like its placement.It's a nice thing to know in the back of my head. Thank you for reading! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts