JSYK38: Three Homes

I have a home in the Midwest. My body lives there. It sweats in the summer and it shivers in the winter. It walks and it talks and it smiles there. It wakes up the the morning and goes to sleep at night there. There, with the streets my hands know from steering my bike. There, with the sun my eyes know from seeing it through the leaves of my tree. There, with the rain my nose knows from smelling the air afterwards. My body lives in the Midwest where it's supposed to be.

I have a home on the coast. My heart lives there. It hopes in the summer and it sighs in the winter. It holds tight to things that used to be there. It tries exist again somehow there. It fades in the morning and haunts the streets at night there. There, with the faces that are imprinted on my happiness. There, with the hands that are wrapped around my excitement. There, with the memories that have stained my sadness. My heart lives on the coast where it wants to be.

I have a home in the middle of nowhere. My mind lives there. It weaves through the tall, never ending grass of a field in a perpetual early fall. It swims in the golden sunlight of a distant memory there. It wanders there and it wanders there and it wanders there. There, where I once knew everything there was to know. There, where so much less is remembered. There, where thinking is thoughtless. My mind lives in the middle of nowhere without thinking about what it wants or what it's supposed to be.

Comments

Popular Posts